Here I go again… my attempt to blog for the 25 Days of Christmas. Why not? It’s not like much else is going on, right? 😉 But 2013 proved to be quite a blessing in writing all 25 Days, so why wouldn’t I try it again?
Since body, mind and spirit all need to be exercised all year and especially during the holidays, so too will my 25 Days of Christmas kickoff with a focus on these 3 areas.
Body-getting us moving with fun activities; Mind-using our brains to read; and Spirit-getting in touch with the giving spirit (and the Holy Spirit).
25 Days of Christmas Fun:
Use this custom calendar to have family fun the whole month of December (not just 25 days)! Feel free to change it to your liking…these are just some things our family likes to do at Christmas!
25 Days of Christmas Books:
I love the idea I found on on of my favorite blogs, www.modernmrsdarcy.com. She suggests that you wrap each book as a present and open one each day! And here’s a special deal on Amazon: save 30% on any book today until midnight when you use HOLIDAY30 code! Go grab one of these before this deal ends!!
1. The Sparkle Box by Jill Hardie and Christine Kornacki
2. Welcome Comfort by Patricia Polaco
3. The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
4. Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman
5. How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Suess
6. Christmas Day in the Morning by Pearl S. Buck
7. Llama Llama Holiday Drama by Anna Dewdney
8. Jacob’s Gift by Max Lucado
9. Room for a Little One by Martin Waddell
10. Frosty the Snowman by by Diane Muldrow and Golden Books
11. Christmas with Anne by L.M. Montgomery.
14. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer by Alan Benjamin and Peter Emslie
15. The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
16. Howard B. Wigglebottom and the Power of Giving: A Christmas Story by Howard Binko
17. The Crippled Lamb by Max Lucada
18. The Legend of the Candy Cane by Lori Walburg
19. The Night Before Christmas Popup by Robert Sabuda (based on book by Clement C. Moore)
20. The Twelve Days of Christmas by Jan Brett
21. Snowmen at Christmas by Caralyn Buehner
22. Olive, the Other Reindeer by Vivian Walsh
23. A Charlie Brown Christmas Charles Schultz
24. The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry
25. The Tale of Three Trees by Angela Elwell Hunt
And here’s the teaser: TOMORROW, December 2, I will unveil my 25 Days of Christmas Spirit list and also talk about Giving…so come back tomorrow!
Allie Mccarthy says
Love this Sherry! There isnt a Natl Lampoon XMas Vacay book? LOL! One of my faves;) Have a magical
Sherry Boswell says
Thanks, Allie! Yeah, that one would be a bestseller for sure-it’s one of everyone’s most favorite Christmas movies. Hey, you may have just inspired a new post 😉